Backend Developer – Elixir – Virtual Payment Platform
Join an international team on a fast-growing FinTech platform with worldwide impact and experience with a progressive tech stack.
Our colleague Petr summarized why you should keep reading:
- You’re great at backend development and you’re attracted to functional programming
- You’ll play an important role in the creation of a new innovative payment platform
- You’ll have the chance to cooperate with Unicorn start-up companies from the USA
- You can count on progressive development methods like functional programming, for example
Not sure? Get in touch. We have other projects and are interested in long-term cooperation.
What you’ll learn
- The new functional programming language Elixir
- Development of backend services for cross-platform products
- REST API and an improved GraphQL API concept for data presentation in web / mobile applications
About the project
- We help build an innovative platform for corporate accounting management using virtual credit cards and mobile / web applications.
- We work in small “squads”, but we are part of a team with more than 300 employees.
- We have offices in Ostrava, Nový Jičín, Prague, and Martin (Slovakia).
- We are developing a backend using the Elixir language (we’ll teach you), which is connected to the Postgres database.
- We develop frontends for mobile and web applications built on ReactJS and integration with backend services via GraphQL API.
- With us, you‘ll design, plan, and implement new functions and features for the platform in question.
- We foster open communication and provide leeway for your own ideas.
What you should be familiar with / be able to do
- One or more of the programming languages used to develop backend applications, such as Java | C# | Python
- The concepts of multithreading, immutability, and functional programming
- GraphQL API or REST API
- Solve a complex problem, find and fix errors
- English for video conferencing (twice a week) and/or for correspondence with our colleagues from the USA (e.g. via Slack)
What you’ll be happy with / What we can offer you
- Technological, professional, and personal DEVELOPMENT based on your capabilities and goals
- Participation in both local and international professional conferences and courses
- The chance to travel abroad – San Francisco, Vancouver, Salt Lake City, Denver, Bristol, Grenoble, etc.
- Cooperation and support from our more experienced colleagues both in our country and in the USA
- Quarterly bonuses: 25 percent of company profit is shared with our employees.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home (2 days a week)
- Cool modern offices, relaxation zone, and a fully-equipped kitchen
- On top of all that, we add 5 weeks of paid vacation + 2 sick days, meal vouchers, English lessons, a sports card, and company and spontaneous events (massages, movie night, bowling, etc.)
- And to put the icing on the cake, we also end the work week with a delicious Friday breakfast.
What we’ve accomplished
We’ve been providing agile software development services to both growing and mid-size innovative companies in Silicon Valley, Utah, and Colorado as well as in Europe, and our solutions are used by clients across different sectors from around the world:
- Evernote, WordPress, OneLogin, and thousands of other businesses use a unique and innovative fintech platform (Divvy)
- BMW, Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, NetApp, and even NHL and CERN (Sencha)
- AirBus, Allianz, Bosh, USB, HP, VMVare, and many more (Liferay)
- Toyota for car security and many other companies (ForgeRock)