Software Engineer with passion for data and Python
We are looking for Software Engineers, who like development as much as integration and work with data.
Our colleague Peter highlighted, why you should continue reading
- are you interested in terms: Terraform, SnowFlake, AWS, Machine Learning?
- in the Data Engineer’s role, you’ll be in control of everything – from data integration through microservices (Python) to AWS (DevOps) deployment.
- working from Ostrava, you will experience collaboration with colleagues from Utah
- a relaxed workplace, an informal environment and the support of an established team are waiting for you
Not sure? Get in touch and meet us. We have other projects and we are interested in a long-term cooperation.
About the project
We help to develop a modern payment platform for medium and large businesses in the US and Canada that is heading further into the world, for example, management of virtual payment cards or corporate payments. Your task will be to help connect the platform with several internal and external systems.
- you’ll be part of a small team of 7-8 people – just 1 girl, but we’re looking for more! 🙂
- the team consists of five Data Engineers, one Data Architect, and one Team Leader.
- Eddie, Team Leader in Utah, will be the closest person you will work with.
- even though you will work in Ostrava, in spirit you will be with colleagues in Utah.
- our developers and QA will help you and keep you company at our office.
What you will do
- write pipelines and connectors to connect internal (on-premise database/cloud) and external systems (3rd party APIs, e.g. from banks) to SnowFlake.
- write microservices in Python that process data from Snowflake.
- deploy what you write to AWS.
What you should know/be able to do
- Python is the foundation of everything.
- a degree is not important, but you need to have an idea of how frameworks, protocols, and data management systems work.
- you have experience with the operation of cloud storage (AWS, Azure or other).
- you will use English daily to communicate with your closest colleagues from the USA (e.g. via Slack).
What will please you
- quarterly bonuses: 25 percent of company profit is shared with our employees.
- ability to travel on business trips to the USA.
- home office (2 days a week), flexible working hours.
- 5 weeks of vacation plus 2 sick days.
- free English language lessons with a native speaker in the office (2 hours a week).
- informal modern offices with a refresh zone and common breakfast every Friday.
- support of sporting events (starting fee, jersey…) plus shared Multisport card.
- meal tickets – 100 Kc a day.
- opportunity to expand your career on a professional and financial level. You can become a software and technology expert that will lecture at conferences or profile yourself as a top IT manager.
- company and spontaneous events.
What we have achieved
We help mid-size companies (scaleups) and startups. Our code is used by customers across different sectors around the world. These include:
- BMW, Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, NetApp, and even NHL and CERN:
- Toyota car security and many others: https://www.forgerock.com/our-customers
- ČSOB, Czech T-Mobile or Slovak O2 and worldwide, for example, AirBus, Allianz, Bosh, USB, HP, Raiffeisenbank, VMVare, and many others: https://www.liferay.com/resources?93350categoryIds=93352